- You can make a Facebook Avatar to use as both a profile picture and for sticker reactions in Messenger.
- Facebook Avatars are the social media platform’s version of Memojis or Bitmojis.
- You can customize your Facebook Avatar to look like you — or not — using its creator tool.
- Visit Business Insider’s Tech Reference library for more stories.
As made clear by nearly every messaging app out there, we love creating cartoon versions of ourselves.
So if you’re a fan of Nintendo Miis, Bitmojis, or Memojis, Facebook’s Avatar feature is for you. It lets you create a cartoon version of yourself to use as both a profile picture and for sticker reactions in Facebook Messenger.
Unlike some apps, you can’t select specific shirts, pants, dresses, or skirts. But you can customize your avatar’s skin, hair, eyebrows, eye color, face shape, clothes, and more.
The Avatar creator is only available on the app version of Facebook, but once you create one, you’ll be able to use it on your desktop, too. Once finished, your avatar can be used for comments or messages.
Here’s how to make a Facebook Avatar.
How to make a Facebook Avatar
1. Open your Facebook app.
2. Tap the three lines in the right-hand corner of your toolbar.
3. Scroll to “See More.”
4. Tap “Avatars.”
5. Tap “Next” to open the avatar creator.
6. Once you’re finished with a feature on your character, tap icons on the right to move to the next feature.
- Select your hairstyle. (Tap the droplet icon to change the color.)
- Choose a face shape.
- Select your complexion. (Here you can add things like freckles or a beauty mark.)
- Show your age by selecting your face wrinkles.
- Select your eye shape, color, and makeup.
- Add glasses.
- Select your eyebrows.
- Choose a nose, then add facial hair if you have any.
- Select your body type.
- Choose an outfit.
- Add headwear or earrings.
7. Tap “Done.”