The Los Angeles Chargers (2-6) visit the Miami Dolphins (5-3) in a marquee matchup of rookie quarterbacks in Week 10. Kickoff at Hard Rock Stadium will be at 4:05 p.m. ET. Below, we preview the Chargers-Dolphins betting odds and lines and make our NFL picks and predictions.
Chargers at Dolphins: Betting odds, spread and lines
Odds via BetMGM; access USA TODAY Sports’ betting odds for a full list. Lines last updated Saturday at 2:38 p.m. ET.
- Money line: Chargers +105 (bet $100 to win $105) | Dolphins -125 (bet $125 to win $100)
- Against the spread/ATS: Chargers +1.5 (-110) | Dolphins -1.5 (-110)
- Over/Under: 48.5 (O: -110 | U: -110)
Special NFL Week 10 Betting Promotion
Bet $1 on ANY TEAM’S money line Sunday, WIN $100 (in free bets) if ANY team scores a touchdown during Sunday’s NFL action. Place your legal, online sports bets in CO, IN, NJ, TN and WV at BetMGM, The King of Sportsbooks!
New customer offer, terms and conditions apply. Bet now!
Chargers at Dolphins: Game notes
- Dolphins QB Tua Tagovailoa, the No. 5 pick of the 2020 NFL Draft, is 2-0 since taking over the starting job from veteran Ryan Fitzpatrick in Week 8. He has completed 65.4% of 50 pass attempts for 341 yards and 3 touchdowns without an interception.
- Chargers QB Justin Herbert, the No. 6 pick in April’s draft, has guided L.A. to just a 1-6 record since taking over the starting job in Week 2. He has completed 67.3% of his passes for 2,146 yards with 17 TDs against 5 INTs, and he has run for 166 yards and a pair of scores.
- The Dolphins are squarely in the AFC playoff picture after winning four straight games. They trail the Buffalo Bills by just a game for the top spot in the AFC East. Miami is 6-2 against the spread.
- The Chargers are at the bottom of the AFC West standings, but they’re 5-3 ATS. They’ve lost twice in overtime and all six of their losses have been by 7 or fewer points.
- Los Angeles has had three different players lead the team in rushing yards over its last three games, including Herbert’s 66 in Week 7—a 39-29 win over the Jacksonville Jaguars.
- Miami is fourth in the league with a plus-5 turnover differential. L.A. has a minus-3 differential.
Chargers at Dolphins: Key injuries
- DE Joey Bosa (concussion) out
- OT Bryan Bulaga (back) questionable
- RB Justin Jackson (knee) out
- RB Troymaine Pope (neck) questionable
- G Trai Turner (groin) questionable
- RB Matt Breida (hamstring) questionable
- CB Jamal Perry (foot) questionable
- TE Durham Smythe (concussion) questionable
Chargers at Dolphins: Odds, betting lines, predictions and picks
Chargers 24, Dolphins 21
Money line (?)
The CHARGERS (+105) are in a good spot for a modest upset on the road. They’ve just been on the wrong side of far too many close games. Herbert, specifically, deserves a better record than L.A. has to date, and he has the early edge in the quarterback matchup against Tagovailoa.
Against the spread (?)
The Dolphins have rifled off four straight victories and begin the easiest portion of their 2020 schedule. They’ll play the Denver Broncos, New York Jets and Cincinnati Bengals over the next three weeks. Back the CHARGERS +1.5 (-110) to put a bump in their road.
While they’re a more profitable play on the money line, they’ve shown us so far in 2020 that they’re definitely worth the price of the insurance in a loss.
The Dolphins defense deserves the bulk of the credit for the team’s success and Tagovailoa lost a key piece of his passing attack this week with WR Preston Williams (foot) placed on the Reserve/Injured list. Expect a lower-scoring game in what figures to be the first of many matchups between the two star quarterbacks. Back the UNDER 48.5 (-110).
Want action on this NFL game? Sign up and bet at BetMGM. If you’re looking for more sports betting picks and tips, visit SportsbookWire.com. Please gamble responsibly.
Gannett may earn revenue from audience referrals to betting services. Newsrooms are independent of this relationship and there is no influence on news coverage.